Allie Crewe is an award winning portrait specialist. She loves working with families and quirky children! She has exhibited at The Getty Gallery and Lloyds in London and short listed for Portrait of Britain 2017. Her Solo exhibition Manchester 2108 was nominated for a City Life Award. Her work tells peoples' stories and she sees into the diverse beauty hidden within her clients. This is authenticity; to value the journey of each person and photograph them with sensitivity and kindness.
" ...Photography is about using light and a camera to capture intimate moments. I give people time to explore their relationships, how we relate to each other, ourselves and our bodies and our hearts fascinates me. I connect with "me" through yoga and photographing people, when I'm shooting and editing I am immersed in the images. I'm not giving client a one style fits all because people deserve a photographer who takes the care to show how they or their family or business are unique. The passion that I give to my art work that exhibits is the same that I give to each person or family I shoot."
"Highly rated, sincere, poignant and classical work." Magnum Photography
"Super warm and welcoming, she captures the real you."
Based in the North West and Manchester. Travel by arrangement.
"On the day of the shoot Allie was just brilliant with my uncooperative 1 yr old son and exited 7 yr old step daughter during the photoshoot. She even let my step daughter take some pictures of us!" Joanne
"Absolutely amazing, Allie made me feel at ease throughout the whole shoot. Allie was amazing with my two year old daughter! Thank you so much! Our photos are absolutely gorgeous!" Sophie
"Allie has a wonderful gift with people that puts you at ease and makes the magic happen. She encourages the real you, not some stiff, unreal image. it’s very organic and enjoyable with a natural flow. She gives you the ability to express yourself and gently directs and encourages if you’re not sure how." Gillian
As a portrait photographer I reveal my secrets as often as those of my subjects. My series “You Brought your Own Light” is a map of me and when I photograph families I try to make a connection so that those who sit, may reveal themselves and I blend that, with the story of my own childhood. I am attracted to the vulnerability, fear and sadness because I find a tender beauty there. I like to work out a shot in my head first, then allow my heart and breath to take over and it often feels as if I am consumed by the currents flowing beneath the surface.
I am currently working on a book of trans gender photographs and a long term project documenting modern families. I donate work to the food bank Emmerline's Pantry to tell the stories of women and babies who have survived domestic violence and human trafficking. Using art to give a voice to those often denied power is something I feel passionately about, to become a campaigner by giving visibility to another person’s narrative. If I make tiny changes to the world using my art my life will have been lived meaningfully.
Having previously exhibited at the Getty Gallery and Lloyds of London, my portraits have met with critical acclaim. Described as "Highly rated, sincere, poignant and classical..." by Magnum Photography, and as "...a terrific body of work filled with heart and empathy" by LensCulture, my work was shortlisted for the prestigious Portrait of Britain award in 2017 and had a solo show in 2018.
The Small Print
Privacy and Data Protection
- Your data is stored on a secure password protected website.
- Your images are stored for approximately one year on a secure password protected desktop and laptop and hard drive in a premises that is locked.
- We offer a contact form where you are required to submit an email that you agree to me using for contacting you about photography work.
- We have a blog on the website.
- We use Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram and provide links on the website. We sometimes share images for marketing purposes and you will be asked to opt in or choose not to.
- We use analytics for our website and social media sites to monitor how effective they are performing.
- We do not use any facial recognition software.
- We do not use third party online marketing.
- This website uses plug-ins.
- We do offer Paypal payment as an option.
The GDPR includes certain rights for clients:
- The right to be informed, you must give explicit consent to be contacted by email, mail or phone.
- The right of access, you are entitled to know what we store about you.
- The right to rectification.
- The right to erasure; you may request in writing that all of your data is deleted from our website, social media site and hard drive and that we delete your contact details.
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object; and change your mind.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.