Through My Looking Glass
Exhibited Getty Gallery London
Shortlisted Portrait of Britain
"Her photography is powerful and moving "
The Photography Movement.
"Highly Rated. Sincere, poignant and classical work."
Solo Exhibition Manchester 2018
First we plan. We want to challenge stereotypes and create more positive images of more diverse families. In other words we will seek the truth!
To help me to see "family" from your point of view could you answer by email or phone (0784 072 6363) the following?
1. Which LGBTQ stereotypes annoy or concern you? ( We will explore/challenge or avoid them.)
2. You see many LGBTQ narratives in the media - which stories are missing? ( My job is to construct better or new narratives.)
3. If you promoted a positive image of LGBTQ parents and children - what would that message be? (If you tell me with words I will work out how to say it with photography.)
Most shoots last for about 2 hours. My work is candid, but not entirely left to chance! So if I see great light or gorgeous composition I may ask you to play in the best spot. I am not into forced poses but help is on hand if needed. I like to chat through your story and work out how to represent that with images. The images above were all taken in natural light - the sofa, the bed or kitchen. I spend time watching you. This is art work not a high street studio!
High end re - touching is not standard though if you get a spot - that I can disappear of course!
All of the families I shoot for want to buy some images. This helps me to make a living and we "cap" prices. I can print and gift wrap if it is a present but why not buy high resolution files for £50 each, or we bundle them:
30 = £350
or the whole folder for £400)
This way you may print as desired and make a family album, send them to relatives, even write a blog.
Your shoot is free.
GDPR : Here you may opt in or out and even change your mind at a later stage! I will also ask your permission about images I wish to use and I know we cannot place shots of adopted children on social media.
IMAGE USE CONSENT
The Photographer will display images covered by this contract to generally promote the business, providing that the images are used lawfully and without damage to the Clients.
The Clients agrees that images covered by this contract may be shared on the following channels:
• The Photographer’s website
• The Photographer’s social media channels, including but not withstanding Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
• As printed material, for example, in portfolio albums
• Selected third party media e.g. my blogs, magazines.